Monday, January 30, 2006

Are additives in dried fruit bad for you?

The Times, times2

By Jane Clarke

In an effort to eat more healthily I’ve made up my own snack mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds, whole almonds, dried apricots and cranberries. But I’ve noticed that most dried fruit seem to contain hydrogenated vegetable oil and/or sulphur dioxide, both of which sound like something I should be avoiding. In the end I found some that had the oil but not the sulphur dioxide, nor any Es, and I’ve mixed this fruit sparingly. Dried fruit is always recommended as a snack, but should I be worried about the additives?

Read more…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Food companies know this. So when they pick oranges that are green and unripe, they simply add some dyes to make them look like what you want to look like. click here